Thursday, August 25, 2016

Vocabulary

Theme : subject of a talk; person's thoughts.
Tone : general character or attitude of a place. (writing/situation)
Mood : temporary state of mind or feeling.
Diction : choice and use of words/phrases in speech or writing.
Syntax : arrangement of words/phrases to create well-formed sentences.
Syllogism : deductive reasoning as distinct from induction.
Stupid : lack of intelligence or common sense.
Adumbrate : foreshadow or symbol.
Apotheosis : climax.
Ascetic : self discipline and abstention.
Bauble : small decoration.
Beguile : tricking someone into doing something.
Burgeon : increase rapidly.
Complement : enhances or improves something.
Contumacious : stubborn or willfully disobedient to authority.
Curmudgeon : bad tempered person.
Didactic : intended to teach.
Disingenuous : not sincere, untruthful.
Exculpate : showing/declaring that someone isn't guilty.
Faux pas : embarrassing/tactless act.
Fulminate : express vehement protest.
Fustian : pompous or pretentious speech or writing.
Hauteur : disdainful pride (arrogance).
Inhibit : to prevent.
Jeremiad : long mournful complaint.
Opportunist : one who exploits circumstances to gain advantage.
Unconscionable : not right/reasonable.

1.  Every essay has a main theme.
2.  In stories you can be able to notice the tone of the author.
3. An author can include a story's mood by improvising the situation,
4.  When I am writing an essay I diction carefully.
5.  At points I notice some syntax on my writing.
6.  In court sessions the judge listens to the defendant's syllogism.
7.  One time I had asked a stupid question and not even myself could understand what I had asked.
8.  Have you ever notice any adumbrate in any novels?
9.  For my other English class, in the tale The Odyssey, the apotheosis is when Odysseus faces battle.
10.  I have lots ascetic on myself because I need to set myself a certain type of discipline so I can learn from what I am doing wrong.
11.  Christmas lights is a bauble in my room.
12.  If it's necessary, I would beguile my friend into ding dong ditching! :D
13.  It's horrifying when a swarm of bees start to burgeon.
14.  A complement for me is necessary in my life, that way I can brighten someones day.
15.  I've been told that I'm such a contumacious person,... well damn ain't that the truth.
16.  Some of my teachers are such a curmudgeon people!
17.  Growing up my didactic would be to always maintain a positive attitude regardless what you're going through.
18.  I'm only disingenuous when someone has disrespected me.
19.  Judges seem to exculpate people who are indeed guilty.
20.  I've only had a faux pas when I slipped during a talent show....in front of 200 people!
21.  When politics is going on many people like to fulminate.
22.  Many people when they write add fustian to make it more adequately.
23.  I dislike people who have hauteur on LGBT.
24.  Many people inhibit car accidents when driving.
25.  My little brother never forgets to jeremiad when wanting something.
26.  An opportunist will most likely have better chances onto winning something.
27.  I get unconscionable when I don't get enough sleep. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment